If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is the value of video? Well, as modern marketing research is telling us, it appears to be a lot. We’re talking six figures here.
Let’s look at some of the following facts and figures:
- YouTube now has more than 1 billion users, with 300 hours of video being uploaded to the site every single minute. And the number of hours of video being watched continues to grow at a rate of 50% year over year. (Source)
- According to the California-based tech giant Cisco, video traffic will increase to 79 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2018, up from 66 percent in 2013. (Source)
- In their 2014 Marketer’s Summary, Invodo informs us that by using the word “video” in email subject lines, a marketer can boost open rates 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduce unsubscribes by 26%. (Source)
- From a survey in which over 600 marketing directors, CEOs, or other major decision makers responded, ReelSEO reported that 82% of marketers confirmed that online video marketing had a positive impact on their organization or business. (Source)
Let’s face it, people love video. And why not? There are some very good reasons why video has become the dominant force in online marketing:
- It’s EASY. We all live busy, demanding lives these days. There are times when we’re just too pooped to read something. A video is more enticing for the fact that we can kick back and just take it in. It’s an easy medium to consume. And with more and more people viewing the internet on mobile devices, it’s even more enticing. I mean, who likes straining their eyes trying to read an article on their phone?
- It’s POWERFUL. One of the real powers of video is that it touches so many of the senses simultaneously. It’s visually stimulating. We can capture images that have power over the mind and soul. And unlike still photography, we can use many images within a single video, enabling a lot more opportunity to “move” someone. Another important difference over photography is that we can incorporate sound. The “one-two combo punch” of a great image married to the perfect sound clip can be a powerfully persuasive technique. And let’s not forget about the written word. There are plenty of instances where catchy headlines and impactful copy can be woven into a video. In essence, video allows us to blend the best aspects of print, photography, and sound into a truly bold marketing tool.
- It’s FUN. People love watching videos. There’s a reason that nearly every household in America owns a television set. Since its invention it has become one of our favorite leisure time activities. People associate watching video with fun and relaxation. What better way to get your message out there than with a medium that people associate with fun?
We love creating video for our clients here at Boldwerks. As fun as it is to watch, it’s just as fun to create. And it’s satisfying to see the incredible impact that it can have. To see how we have helped our customers embrace the video age, visit our video page, or check out the examples below.